Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!


Ok, this morning Craig suggested we ride our bikes into Flushing for breakfast. I thought it was a great idea! I'm always excited to go out for breakfast! Plus, it makes more sense to me to ride to SOMEWHERE... as I don't understand just taking a 10 mile bike ride for nothing! I'll gladly ride 20 miles TO an ice cream shop or TO breakfast!


OK . . . we ride to Flushing to ChooChoo's restaurant. All the while I was pedaling, I was vacillating between French toast, or a Swiss and mushroom omelet . . . We pull up to the restaurant and all I saw was CLOSED!! OH MY WORD!! I've ridden 10 miles and the restaurant is closed??? Craig QUICKLY suggested riding downtown to Kathy's and see if it was open. Ok, I love breakfast at Kathy's! NO!! It was closed, too! The bakery across the street was closed, the Elbow Room was closed! Skip's was closed!! The pizza shop was closed!! I'm close to spazing out, so Craig suggested checking out the A & W!! FINALLY, something was open in Flushing! It was only 10:30am, but I thought a hamburger and fries was better than riding to his next destination. . . The Hollywood Diner on Corunna Road!
Phew . . . finally somewhere that's open!
Notice the water bottle on my bike is filled with Diet Root Beer!! :)
(Not exactly the biker's code of ethics!!!)

All in all, it was a great ride. . . but the next time we head out, I'm packing a snack pack for emergencies!! Geeeze!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I feel your pain...we ride to eat...Thank goodness for the A&W...