Sunday, September 27, 2009

Biking

...the wheels on my bike go round and round...
The Tridge in Midland
For the past few weekends, Craig and I have joined friends on biking expeditions. The Pere Marquette Trail in Midland was one of my favorites. It's a great trail - - blacktopped for miles and miles. My favorite part of this trail was stopping at a great restaurant going, and a delish ice cream shop coming back! We got to stop TWO times for eating! :) Biking is a wonderful way to enjoy the beautiful fall out-of-doors!
Cathy and me posing at the 10 mile marker!

Last weekend we biked the Paint Creek Trailway in Rochester - Lake Orion. It was a beautiful, but dusty trail. We found a darling apple orchard along the way and stopped for cider and a hot, homemade cinnamon donut. We also stopped for dinner at a 'famous' hot dog restaurant along the trail. Biking 20+ miles has its rewards!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You and me both...I bike to eat... I thought about you all....