Monday, June 7, 2010

...there's a spider in my window...

She's wrapping her fly for her dinner!
Last week I watched this busy spider spinning her perfectly straight web outside my kitchen window. She went up and down, back and forth, left to right, and north to south. She was so involved in her work! A few minutes into her building, a fly flew into the edge of her orb. Quickly, she scurried to it and began to encapsulate it in her web. She actually wrapped the entire fly with her sticky substance. After she had 'captured' her dinner, she scooted up the web and back down again. When she felt the web was strong enough, she lifted the mummified fly up to the top. I was enthralled in her perseverance.

As I reflected in my own life, I wonder if God sees me running up and down, back and forth, north to south, and east to west, in my daily busyness. Do you think He's got His hand on His hip, shaking His pointer finger at me, wishing I would s-l-o-w down and relinquish my busyness? Who would have thought that tiny, wispy, spider was placed in my window to teach me a lesson that day. ...hmmmmm

1 comment:

conniejo said...

Hmmmmm, I think God is sending you a message girlfriend!!