Sunday, July 4, 2010

Butterfly

Craig and I were relaxing on our deck and two butterflies were flying around, landing, chasing each other, landing...! It was a beautiful sight to watch them. One landed several times on Craig's white shirt while the other flitted and flew in circles. Eventually, they would settle on the deck to rest, catch their breath and sun themselves. (at least, that's what I thought they were doing!)As I watched these butterflies, I was reminded of the difficult changes they go through in their short life. They began as a fuzzy caterpillar and transformed into a beautiful butterfly. Admiring them, I realized if nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies! Our household if changing rapidly. Our kids are transforming from dependent children to married adults. Watching them grow and blossom is a beautiful thing. . . just like the little butterfly flitting around our deck! Thanks, God, for another lesson from nature!

No comments: