Tuesday, March 8, 2011

yesterday...

Yesterday was a frustrating, discouraging, and depressing day.  How can my sweet, little, nine year old student lose her mom to cancer?  What will she do?  She needs her mommy and always will.  How will she grow up and what will she become?  And, my darling student who is in intensive care struggling with newly discovered juvenile diabetes...wavering and fighting a coma? Will she learn what to eat to keep her 'level'?   Will she learn to give herself insulin shots?  Poor baby.   Or how do you live through the news that my friend/colleague received yesterday afternoon about her adult daughter?? - - and today she's sadly preparing for her funeral.  And...I had parent-teacher conferences! 

Now today, after a night's rest, I'm standing tall, trying to shake off yesterday's dilemnas, and I'm ready to hit the road.  My students will be sad, my colleagues will be hurting, and ...again...we get to have parent teacher conferences this afternoon and evening! 

As I always say (and try to convince myself)...LIFE IS GOOD...NO WORRIES!  ...argh...

1 comment:

conniejo said...

Life is good! We must always remember that God has his plan. We are part of it. You are the most kind, loving, & caring person I know. Your little students and friend have been placed(blessed) with you to help guide them during this very difficult time in their lives. I know you will!
God Bless you my friend.
Love you, Connie