Monday, July 21, 2008

Estate sale

Dishes, dishes, and more dishes!!
Phew! What a busy three weeks! After selling Dad's house, we began the chore of emptying the cupboards and trying to put prices on many pretty dishes and collectibles. With much help, we prepared for a three day Estate Sale! Having people stroll through and purchase my mom and dad's "65 years of marriage" was a difficult and emotional task! My sisters and I would huddle in the kitchen to cry when special pieces were purchased and carried out! How do you put a price on the many memories and precious things that filled their home? I guess it's true...the most treasured heirlooms are the sweet memories!

The house is now cleaned, emptied, and ready for the new family to begin their years of "memories". I can only hope they are as blessed as we were!

Families are like quilts, lives pieced together, stitched with memories, and bound by love!

1 comment:

heather b said...

Oh. This is really really hard. I absolutely love dishes and for the sole purpose of what they were used for, who used them and the memories of when they were used. I am so sorry Kim. This is something I really really dread someday as my mom is a lover of dishes as well. I wish I could have been there to hug you. Praying for you.

Heather