Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lake Michigan Weekend

Craig and I, and our dear friends, Don and Diane, just returned from a wonderful 'weekend getaway'. We began our adventure in Frankfort. Lake Michigan is an awesome site. This is the yummy breakfast we were served at our Bed & Breakfast. I felt like a queen! Diane and me at the Stafford Perry Hotel in Petoskey! It was a beautiful day and we were enjoying a drink on the porch! Notice Lake Michigan in the background. Life is good! :) Watching the sun set into Lake Michigan was awesome. It fills me with wonder and amazement to see such a beautiful sight. God is so good to give us this gift each day ~ he gift wraps each evening in beauty!! Don and Diane were enjoying the beautiful sights of Lake Michigan! Breathtaking! Craig and Don were checking out the golf course - Arcadia Bluffs! Awesome course!! Diane took me to Gwen Frostic's store in Frankfort. I hadn't been there in 30 years ~ when I took the high school girls from Interlochen to visit Gwen. She'd serve us lemonade and cookies and talk to us about her life. What an impact she had on us! It was such a treat to be able to go back and visit once again. Everything looked exactly as I had remembered!! I loved this view! It totally says it all... BEACH! Amazing beauty!!

1 comment:

brenda said...

Looks like a wonderful and relaxing time! We were in Petosky on Monday. Our trip was not so leisurely though. We had our kids with us!!! :)

Love the pictures.