Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pain

Pain
Do you ever wonder
why we experience pain?
Not the kind of pain that bleeds
or
hurts on the outside. . . the inside kind of pain
that hurts
your heart - real pain.

How do you comfort a friend in pain-
a friend who has just lost her mother.
or a friend who buried her Grandma Dear?
How do you comfort a brilliant man
who's lost his hearing
and can no longer teach?
How do you help a son who has
has no job because the company has
mismanaged their funds?
Pain
inside pain
Sadness

When times are tough and feelings are strong
I need to be reminded that
God is still in control!
Jesus is the Father of Compassion
and the God of all comfort.

6 comments:

Julia said...

and, its now been a year since we lost Bear... what a week...

Beth said...

You can and do......your a great friend,mother and wife!

Conniejo said...

Kim, you are always such a caring person to everyone that is blessed to know you. Thank you for being there when I need an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. You will never know how much comfort you and Craig have been to me. My prayers are going out to you and your family. We all need to be reminded that "Our Lord God" is taking care of everything. We just need to let him be the one in control.
All my love,
Connie

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so sad. Wish I was there to help. What can I do? You are such a great person. You can do anything. And you will be surprised at what our kids are capable of. You have raised them and they are capable. Miss you...

Kathy said...

So sorry for your pain. In this time of insecurity, fear, pain, and difficulty we at least have each other. Couldn't ask for more than that!! I love you.

Megan Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for being there for my family and I these past few weeks. We would have never made it thru without wonderful friends like you. You are such a great woman of God and I really look up to you. I hope that one day i can be as great a friend as you are to my mom. Your family will definately be in my prayers. I love you!