Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st week back

I'm about to complete my first week back to school.  ...ugh...After 31 years, you'd think I would have this 'back-to-school' stuff down to a science.  Each new year brings new smiles, new problems, new challenges, and new love.  I look out at my 30 bright little smiles, and I'm amazed at what they know and what they will learn over the next 176 school days.  My job is not only to teach them, but I must equip them to be responsible adults...not an easy task.  I may not teach them everything, but I will teach them to think. To wonder. To dream. To make a difference. To reach. To strive to BE.
I love...
...their enthusiasm
...their curiosity
...their imagination
...their willingness to take a risk
...their innocence
...their questions
...their tenacity
...their giggling
...and their hugs!
I want to be the teacher who doesn't simply teach from the driven curriculum, but from her heart.  I want to inspire.  I want to encourage.  I want to teach!!  Here's to 176 more school days 'till summer! :)

No comments: