Monday, August 27, 2007

first day at school


Well. . . we had our first day of school today and 31 precious children scurried into their seats to begin their 4th grade! They all arrived armed with new crayons, markers, and freshly sharpened pencils! Everyone seemed tickled to see their old friends and eager to meet the new students in our class. Sometime I am overwhelmed that I am responsible for teaching and reaching each child - - and I only have 180 days to do the job! Truly, I am honored and I count it a privilege to be their 'teacher'. I simply need to remember that education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire! My goal is to light 31 fires and keep them all burning this year!! I'm certain it will be another GREAT year!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hi Kim, Your blog is GREAT. I am so proud of you. I have ndo doubt that "31" fires will be lite this year and they will have many tools to help keep the fire burning!!!
Love, Connie