Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a dork!!


Today was my first FULL day of school! I got up early (to watch the lunar eclipse) and to get an early start in my classroom. ("Being prepared each day" is one of my personal goals this year!!) So....I'm getting ready to leave and I asked Craig, "Do you think these white sandals or black sandals look better with my outfit?" He told me to wear the white ones! So... at 6:45am, I packed my lunch, loaded my car and hit the road to school. I was ready and prepared for my first full day! I arrived at school at 7:10, carried in all my 'stuff', talked with the janitor, dropped off my load in my classroom and headed to the work room to put together our classroom book! Reaching down to pick up my pencil, I gasped to see that I had neglected to change my shoes!!! I was wearing one white sandal and one black sandal! Grabbing my purse, I ran to my car, drove the 20 minutes home, switched into my other white sandal, hopped back into the car, drove (sped) the 20 minutes back to school and arrived at 8:10!! So much for being 'prepared'! I guess I'll have 178 more days to prove that I'm a prepared and 'together' teacher!! I know I can always deal with ANYTHING, as long as I have the right shoes!! I'm such a dork!!

4 comments:

brenda said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!!
i am so proud of you with your fun entries and pictures. can't wait to read more. :)

Unknown said...

You are the biggest dork!.. I would have admitted this to anyone, let alone post pictures. Miss you bunches...:(

Connie said...

WOW, your toes look great!!

Julia said...

you are funny mom!!! thats why we love you!!! lucky, you didnt have to worry about what shoes you wore today... you didnt have school!