Friday, August 31, 2007

Shop 'till you drop day!!


Oh My Gosh!!! Today was a wonderful 'last day of summer'. I began my journey at Sam's to stock my pantry with foods at 8:30am. Returning home, I unpacked my trunk and rearranged everything in the pantry. Diane called and she said she would pick me up at 11:00am to head off for a fun-filled day!! We began our journey at the Hallmark Store, where we each picked out a new Vera Bradley tote! (That only took us 2 hours!!) After Hallmark, we made a quick stop at Tropical Smoothie where we shared a delicious Totally Turkey wrap and I indulged in a Chocolate Chiller while Diane enjoyed a Jr. Jetty! (yummy!!) After our lunch we headed to Macy's to check out their Labor Day sales! After several hours of rummaging through the racks, we left with many bags brimming with good buys! Of course, we couldn't leave the mall without hitting Christopher and Banks! Again, we each had good luck there!! :) We were leaving the parking lot when I received a call from Craig. Don and he were just leaving to play golf! Great!! Off we sprinted to T.J. Maxx! I think we looked at every pair of shoes, tops, and pants in the entire store! We each spent an hour in the dressing room trying on our finds! We had worked so hard at shopping, we decided we need nutrition, so we beelined to Bar Louie's for appetizers and Diet Cokes! We had a great table on the patio where we spent the next two hours talking and laughing about the fun times we have together! Days like this are hard to beat! I'm so blessed to have such a special friend!! Friends fill my life with joy, they fill my soul with sunshine, and my heart with love! Thanks, Diane, for a great 'last day of summer'!

2 comments:

Julia said...

that sounds like a WONDERFUL day!! but, i can think of something that would have made it a little bit better... actually a lot better... IF I WERE THERE!! you go to all my fav. places when i leave!! i am surprised you didnt fit saganos into the day!! HAHA -- -i am glad you are having fun!!! you will have to tell me about all your buys!!

Unknown said...

No, it would have been more perfect if I was there. Miss you guys soooo much. I am going to have to stop reading this blog, 'cuz it just makes me miss you more. Wish I were there.