Monday, October 1, 2007

Gloomy day

Today was a gloomy, chilly, rainy day. It was the kind of day where I'd just prefer stay in bed a little longer or write a long, sappy letter to a friend. Today was the kind of day I'd rather sit by the warm fire sipping tea and looking out the streaked window at the flowers bowing their heads to late autumn days! Today would have been a great day to bake cookies and stay in my pj's all day! Instead, I hopped out of my warm bed and raced to school, hurried to Sam's on my way home, rushed home to fix dinner, corrected a stack of papers, and finally...I'll sit quietly to reflect on my Monday, my "shower" of blessings, day! I guess the old song was true...Rainy days and Mondays always get me down! Tomorrow the sun will shine and I'll be reminded that autumn is just like spring, but every leaf's a flower...red, orange, crimson, bronze, and yellow! Rain, rain, go away! Come again another day!

1 comment:

Julia said...

you're cute!! sad, sad story!! i LOVE you mom!

PS it was so foggy you couldn't see in front of you yesterday and it was annoying drizzle until 3 yesterday! stormed through the night! this weather stinks!!