Sunday, September 9, 2007

New love . . .good news, bad news



This spring I fell in love with the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I have to blame Julia as she was the one who introduced me to their delicious, creamy smoothies! She and I frequented TSC often. Early in the summer, Gail, Diane, and I went for a smoothie 'dessert' after a delicious meal together. Throughout the summer, Diane, Julia, and I began to eat their yummy wraps and sandwiches on a regular basis! Well, Saturday, Diane and I went, had a fantastic chicken wrap and smoothie. (Of course, we couldn't waste those valuable 'buy one, get one 1/2 off' coupons!!) Upon leaving, I asked for a nutritional guide of their menu! I WAS SHOCKED!!! I had been consuming SO-O-O-O many calories and fat grams - - no wonder I've outgrown my pants!! Knowing all along, a waist is a terrible thing to mind, I've decided to ONLY darken the doors of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe to purchase a low-fat smoothie with splenda! It's the beginning of my new weight loss program!! I am going to mind my waist and try to find it again!! Bummer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are toooo funny. If it is too good to be true, it is usually too good to be true. Ain't that a blip? I hate it when that happens. Love you and miss you. K

Julia said...

well, that is a good story... but... diane, julia, and i tried the wraps. . . but you see, Julia has never had a wrap from TSC much to her displeasure! I hope this new diet works! love you!