Monday, September 3, 2007

Summer's end

Today is Labor Day . . . the very last day for summer fun! Oh. . . the good 'ol days of summertime! We had a great day enjoying the warm sun and cloudless sky! I ran errands, and worked around the house. Craig had a big golf outing in Lansing. We ended the evening with a cookout with Don and Diane, Dad, and Bob and Missy. We ate outside and later enjoyed the sights and sounds of the warm, crackling campfire! Summer, oh summer...it came and went so quickly! Sometimes I think SUMMER is the best word in the entire dictionary!

Tomorrow we will return to our classrooms, and begin our "fall" routine and schedule. Soon it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving will arrive, and very quickly Christmas will sneak up on us. Shortly after New Year's, we'll celebrate Easter, and THEN, summer will arrive! Once again I'll be able to enjoy the warm summer sun and blue cloudless sky!!

I must always remember that winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting, and autumn is a mosaic of them all! I'm looking forward to autumn!!

2 comments:

Julia said...

such inspiration!! sounds like a fun day... but you forgot to put how you went to my favorite place AGAIN!!! love you!

Unknown said...

When did you get to be so poetic? I want you to write my eulogy. You can make anything sound beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time, though. Love you to the moon and back...but miss you more. K